Registration is Live!
How to enter:
- Visit the NC State Fair website [LINK] and register your entries
- Print out the confirmation email that you received.
- Label your bottles with these bottle label tags and attach using a rubber band (or other bjcp approved lables)
- Drop your beer off at one of the designated drop-off locations.
DIVISION I: GENERAL EXHIBITS
Commercial Beer Competition
Home Brewer Beer Competition
Entries will be accepted between Aug. 1-19, 2013. UPDATE: You still have a few days! We’re accepting entries until Aug. 21st, and drop-offs until Aug. 22nd!
Look for a drop-off location near you!
Register at: The NC State Fair Website
Important Updates from the 2013 NC Brewers’ Cup:
- Beer categories have been expanded to 23 categories.
- Beer registration will be exclusively online this year.
- Beer identification labels will be available for printing from the competitions page of the www.ncstatefair.org website.
North Carolina Brewer’s Cup
415 Tinkerbell Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Judging will take place: September 7-8, 2013.
- Entrant must be the producer of the beer.
- All entries (bottles) must include a Bottle Identification Form (label). Labels can be found on page 28.
- Online registration is required prior to dropping off/shipping your entry.
- Exhibitors may visit www.ncbrewerscup.org or www.ncstatefair.org for Bottle Identification Forms (labels), competition results and updated information regarding the competition.
- Entries will be judged according to the 2008 version of the Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines at www.bjcp.org/stylecenter.php.
- Entries will be accepted for the 23 BJCP categories listed in the judging section. Meads and ciders will not be accepted/judged in the competition.
- Beers are judged according to style guidelines for the subcategory as listed by the entrant.
- Winners may be displayed at the State Fair in the Education Building October 17-27
COMMERCIAL COMPETITION RULES
- Only federally and NC ABC permitted North Carolina breweries may enter the commercial beer competition.
- Entrants must submit three (3) containers (bottles/growlers) of each entry for the Commercial Competition. Superintendents will use unopened bottles for educational and promotional purposes at their discretion.
- Entry fees are $25 per beer entry. Credit card payment is collected during the online registration process.
HOME BREWER COMPETITION RULES
- Only amateur home brewers residing in North Carolina are eligible to enter the Home Brewer competition.
- Entrants must submit two (2) 22 oz. bottles, or three (3) 12 oz. bottles of each entry.
- Entry fees are $10 per beer entry. Credit card payment is collected during the online registration process.
All entries will be judged blind based on the subcategory.
Ribbons will be awarded to Home Brew winners in the following categories.
CLASS 101 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 201 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00001 Light American Lager (1A)
AB–00002 Standard American Lager (1B)
AB–00003 Premium American Lager (1C)
AB–00004 Munich Helles (1D)
AB–00005 Dortmunder Export (1E)
CLASS 102 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 202 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00006 German Pilsner (Pils) (2A)
AB–00007 Bohemian Pilsener (2B)
AB–00008 Classic American Pilsner (2C)
EUROPEAN AMBER LAGER
CLASS 103 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 203 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00009 Vienna Lager (3A)
AB–00010 Oktoberfest/Märzen (3B)
CLASS 104 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 204 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00011 Dark American Lager (4A)
AB–00012 Munich Dunkel (4B)
AB–00013 Schwarzbier (Black Beer) (4C)
CLASS 105 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 205 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00014 Maibock/Helles Bock (5A)
AB–00015 Traditional Bock (5B)
AB–00016 Doppelbock (5C)
AB–00017 Eisbock (5D)
LIGHT HYBRID BEER
CLASS 106 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 206 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00018 Cream Ale (6A)
AB–00019 Blonde Ale (6B)
AB–00020 Kölsch (6C)
AB–00021 American Wheat or Rye Beer (6D)
AMBER HYBRID BEER
CLASS 107 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 207 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00022 Northern German Altbier (7A)
AB–00023 California Common Beer (7B)
AB–00024 Düsseldorf Altbier (7C)
ENGLISH PALE ALE
CLASS 108 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 208 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00025 Standard/Ordinary Bitter (8A)
AB–00026 Special/Best/Premium Bitter (8B)
AB–00027 Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale) (8C)
SCOTTISH AND IRISH ALE
CLASS 109 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 209 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00028 Scottish Light 60/- (9A)
AB–00029 Scottish Heavy 70/- (9B)
AB–00030 Scottish Export 80/- (9C)
AB–00031 Irish Red Ale (9D)
AB–00032 Strong Scotch Ale (9E)
CLASS 110 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 210 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00033 American Pale Ale (10A)
AB–00034 American Amber Ale (10B)
AB–00035 American Brown Ale (10C)
ENGLISH BROWN ALE
CLASS 111 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 211 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00036 Mild (11A)
AB–00037 Southern English Brown Ale (11B)
AB–00038 Northern English Brown Ale (11C)
CLASS 112 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 212 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00039 Brown Porter (12A)
AB–00040 Robust Porter (12B)
AB–00041 Baltic Porter (12C)
CLASS 113 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 213 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00042 Dry Stout (13A)
AB–00043 Sweet Stout (13B)
AB–00044 Oatmeal Stout (13C)
AB–00045 Foreign Extra Stout (13D)
AB–00046 American Stout (13E)
AB–00047 Russian Imperial Stout (13F)
INDIA PALE ALE
CLASS 114 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 214 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00048 English IPA (14A)
AB–00049 American IPA (14B)
AB–00050 Imperial IPA (14C)
GERMAN WHEAT AND RYE BEER
CLASS 115 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 215 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00051 Weizen/Weissbier (15A)
AB–00052 Dunkelweizen (15B)
AB–00053 Weizenbock (15C)
AB–00054 Roggenbier (German Rye Beer) (15D)
BELGIAN AND FRENCH ALE
CLASS 116 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 216 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00055 Witbier (16A)
AB–00056 Belgian Pale Ale (16B)
AB–00057 Saison (16C)
AB–00058 Biére de Garde (16D)
AB–00059 Belgian Specialty Ale (16E)EER COMPETITION 27
CLASS 117 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 217 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00060 Berliner Weisse (17A)
AB–00061 Flanders Red Ale (17B)
AB–00062 Flanders Brown Ale/Oud Bruin (17C)
AB–00063 Straight (Unblended) Lambic (17D)
AB–00064 Gueuze (17E)
AB–00065 Fruit Lambic (17F)
BELGIAN STRONG ALE
CLASS 118 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 218 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00066 Belgian Blonde Ale (18A)
AB–00067 Belgian Dubbel (18B)
AB–00068 Belgian Tripel (18C)
AB–00069 Belgian Golden Strong Ale (18D)
AB–00070 Belgian Dark Strong Ale (18E)
CLASS 119 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 219 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00071 Old Ale (19A)
AB–00072 English Barleywine (19B)
AB–00073 American Barleywine (19C)
CLASS 120 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 220 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00074 Fruit Beer (20)
CLASS 121 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 221 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00075 Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer (21A)
AB–00076 Christmas/Winter Specialty Spiced Beer (21B)
CLASS 122 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 222 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00077 Classic Rauchbier (22A)
AB–00078 Other Smoked Beer (22B)
AB–00079 Wood-aged Beer (22C)
CLASS 123 (COMMERCIAL)
CLASS 223 (HOME BREWER)
AB–00080 Specialty Beer (23)